Monday, April 14, 2008

Why I've been MIA!

Hello ladies! I'M BACK! OMG it's so very wonderful to be back online! I missed you gals! A week ago Thursday (Apr 3) night we had some very serious lighting and thunderstorms through the night. I mean way bad storms. We didn't think it was gonna be to bad when we went to bed that night. But it was. Of course we didn't unhook anything. Because it take up to two days to get our DSL hooked back up. So hubby being that last on that night just left everything hooked up. Woke up the next morning came in here where the computer was. And we had absolutely no DSL. It got fried. Found this out when hubby tore apart the DSL box. My PC was totally fine but not the DSL. We had everything plugged up to the same outlet. But only our DSL got hit. Go figure! Hubby bought two DSL modems off EBAY. Took them 4 days to get here after buying them. Worked on them and called CenturyTel for some numbers and the guy was a complete JERK said we didn't need any numbers. Still wouldn't work. So gave up. Well yesterday hubby called back and a lady gave us the numbers we needed to get it working. And VIOLA it works. So the guy was a complete JERK! So here I am BACK! I'm so way behind! I will get caught up I hope! And let me tell you its so wonderful to be back online! I just can't tell you. I've been so bored out of my mind! LOL!! HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!

14 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Oh, when technology goes wrong . . . it's such a sad day! I'm glad you're back!! I missed you! Now, show us what you've been working on all this time WITHOUT Internet access!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

So glad you are back on line ,missed you loads Dawnx

Andrea, said...

I wondered where you were. I'm glad you have got your PC sorted

The Dolphin Inn said...

Sorry to hear about your puter probs, glad they are all sorted now, you were missed, take care xxx

Unknown said...

I MISSED YOU WHILE YOU WERE MIA!GLAD YOUR BACK DAWN!

Cassie said...

I feel for you! We had issues a few weeks ago for just a few HOURS and it was drama - gotta be connected - and it's gotta be FAST!!
Glad you weathered the storm (pun intended) and are back!

Anonymous said...

OMG I would have been going nuts. Glad there wasn't any other damage though Dawn... storms like that must be really scary.
Anyway glad to see you back and looking forward to seeing your new stuff :D

Lauren said...

Glad you conquered technology! Hope to see a new post soon.

Alex said...

So glad to know you are back - I missed ya, girl!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Heidi Blankenship said...

Dawn, glad to hear you are ok and that you are back online!! We had the same thing happen a couple of years ago and it was NOT fun!!
Happy your back and I can't wait to see what you have been working on!!
Smiles!
Heidi

Pearl said...

really tickles by your last word ! Bored out of your mind ! lol - hope it gave you the chance to craft more though ! lol

Glad to hear you're safe & sound !

Welcome back to blogsphere ! lol

Risa said...

Welcome back Dawn!
I'm so sorry to hear about what happend and I'm glad that you are back.
hugs
malieta:)

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, thankfully it did not fry your computer. Gald to see you back.

Tricia said...

welcome back! I did miss you!!!! Shocking! How did you manage without your computer???? I would have died for sure!!!